Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

domingo, 29 de abril de 2012

"Estar rayado(a)" = To be scratched*

Go crazy. To go on over and over again about the same isuue/ problem as if you were listeling to a scratched disc in your head. The verb "rayarse" implies inner stress and it shares synonym expressions such as "darle demasiadas vueltas a las cosas", "comerse la cabeza". However, you can also "rayar a alguien" by bothering and nagging until you become a pain.
"Desde que no tengo noticas suyas estoy muy rayado/a y no paro de comerme la cabeza"
"No me rayes más por favor. Bastantes vueltas le he dado ya al asunto"
"¡Déjalo ya! Me estás rayando"


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario