Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

domingo, 27 de mayo de 2012

"Tirar / Lanzar la caña" = To throw the fishing rod*

To seduce. A very plastic image related to fishing. You throw your cane and wait to see whether you are lucky and someone bites your hook. It is normally used when you are on the pull or in a more general context, for anything you may be after.
"No paró de tirarle la caña en toda la noche, pero la chica / el chico no picó"






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario