Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

viernes, 25 de mayo de 2012

"Tener la mano larga" = To have a long hand*

To have a tendency to hit others very quickly. To be prone to use physical contact.
"¡Vaya con el niño! !Qué mano más larga tiene!"
"Deja de pegar a tus hermanos. No se puede tener la mano tan larga."
A second meaning would be to have sticky fingers.
In some South American countries the expresssion is also used to refer to thiefs as well as men who like touching women without their consent.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario