Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

martes, 15 de enero de 2013

"tomate" = Tomatoe*

One "tomate" in Spanish may refer to a hole in your sock!!! But it is also included and with a different meaning in the expression "Aquí hay tomate", which translates into something is going on here, They are hiding something...(secret relationship)


"Se quitó los calcetines en el aeropuerto y ¡¡¡tenía dos tomates!!!"
"¿Pero dónde vas con esos tomates en los calcetines?"
"Siempre se van juntos al acabar la clase. ¡Aquí hay tomate!"
"Se sientan juntos en el autobús todos los días. Yo creo que aquí hay tomate..."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario