Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2012

"Ser un fresco/a" = to be a fresh*

1) To be sassy, saucy or daring (negative meaning) 2) To be a carefree person. It leads to the commonly used expression "más fresco que una lechuga"
"Vaya con la niña y su actitud... Es una fresca." "Llevo esperando 15 minutos y nada. Ni llaman, ni llegan. ¡¡¡Son unos frescos!!! / ¡¡¡Son más frescos que una lechuga!!!" NOTE: "Fresco" also means what you were thinking from the very beginning --> fresh (used for any kind of food) as well as to refer to chilly, cold weather. "La carne fresca es siempre más cara que la congelada" "Hoy hace más fresco que ayer"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario