Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

jueves, 14 de junio de 2012

"Pringado" = Stained*

Loser, wretch "Vaya dos pringados, ¿dónde vais?" "Tu amigo ese no cae bien a nadie. Es un pringado" Some people alternate this term with "pagafantas" (fanta-payer literally, but that is more restrictive as it implies being a loser with women so that you are only good to pay for their refreshments) As a verb, apart from "making dirty" (meaning 1),"pringar" also means to work hard, or make someone to work hard (meaning 2) "Maldita pintura, me he pringado toda la mano" (meaning 1) "Llevo todo el día pringado en la oficina" (meaning 2) "Me voy porque quieren que me pringue en el proyecto y yo paso" (meaning 2)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario