Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

martes, 5 de junio de 2012

"Partir la pana" = To break the corduroy*

To stand out in a positive way. It is also said of the person who is in charge and makes decisions. In this second meaning, the expression reminds us to "cortar/partir la bacalá", as they both mean the same. "Esa canción parte la pana. Será un éxito, ya verás" "Vas partiendo la pana con ese disfraz" "Eres una fiera porque entras partiendo la pana" (From Estopa's song)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario