Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

martes, 23 de abril de 2013

"Tener huevos" = To have eggs*

Both "tener huevos" and "echarle huevos" (fam! and slang!!!) mean be brave and corageous. Similar and familiar English expressions are "to have guts" and "to have balls".

"Eso sí que es tener huevos / echarle huevos"
"Hay que tener / echarle huevos para hablar con él de ese tema"
"Si tiene huevos que venga y me lo diga"



NOTA: "¡No hay huevos!" o "¡A que no hay huevos!" is a challenging expression to encourage people to participate in whatever activity you are talking about (Bet you won't....)

Por si quedaba alguna duda....

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario