Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

lunes, 15 de abril de 2013

"Quedarse planchado" = To stay ironed*

 

To get dissapointed, crestfallen, down in the dumps, singing the blues.... Depending on the context, it may also imply that you were left down and embarrased by the situation.

"Cuando la vió con otro, se quedó planchado"
"Le contestó de tal manera que lo dejó planchado"
"Se quedó planchado después de lo que pasó"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario