Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

lunes, 10 de diciembre de 2012

"Pagar el pato" = To pay for the duck*

To take/get the blame. To carry the can or pay the piper....
Alternatively, people use "pagar los platos rotos"


"Yo no tengo nada que ver en este lío y no pienso pagar el pato/ los platos rotos"
"Participaron todos en la broma, pero yo pagué el pato/ los platos rotos"
"No es justo que ella pague el pato / los platos rotos. Había más gente"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario