Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

lunes, 19 de noviembre de 2012

"Deshojar la margarita" = To pull the petals off the daisy*

My friend Jose Antonio Calvo suggests introducing this expression. Apart from the (s)he loves me - (s)he loves me not dichotomy, by extension, we use it whenever we are in doubt. To dither, leave it up to chance. Did you know it?
"Está deshojando la margarita super nerviosa esperando su respuesta" "Es típico de las personas enamoradas deshojar la margarita mientras piensan en su amado/a" "No sabe muy bien qué hacer al respecto. Está deshojando la margarita a ver qué decide"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario