Datos personales

Mi foto
I am a secondary teacher of English in Southern Spain. I studied MFL in Jaén and I got a DPSI certificate in Law in England. I started my teaching career in Newcastle back in 2000, where I lived for 3 years. Once I returned home, I taught in a public school and got ready to sit the "oposiciones" exam, which I passed!!! Currently, I am teaching in Spain, which has become my definite residence in since 2004.

sábado, 10 de mayo de 2014

"No todo el monte es orégano" = Not all the hill is oregano*

This is a very common expression to convey the idea that things are not always easy, i.e. it's not all plain sailing.
"Hay que hacer las cosas mejor si no quieres problemas. Si piensas que todo el monte es orégano, estás equivocado."
"Debes esforzarte más. No todo el monte es orégano"
"Ésta se piensa que todo el montes es orégano y las cosas no funcionan así."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario